We share our historic campus with our senior school, where our girls can continue their education up to Leaving Certificate, and provide facilities of the highest standard for the girls to work and play.
The Green comprises two building complexes, which make up the Junior and Senior Schools.
Following the tragic fire of 1986 the Junior School was completely rebuilt. It is a customised building providing excellent facilities with bright and spacious classrooms. Our in-school facilities include:
- Eight modern classrooms with plentiful teaching and learning resources including the latest ICT teaching aids.
- Two special education rooms.
- One specialist maths resource room.
- Junior School library and Information and Communication Technology room.
In addition, we share major facilities including:
- Assembly Hall – used for dancing, choir and shows.
- Teresa Ball House – a stand-alone building which houses individual music rooms as well as an orchestra and drama rehearsal hall.
- Astro-Turf Pitch – used for hockey, tennis and other outdoor sports.
- Gymnasium – used for basketball, gymnastics and other indoor sports.
- Oratory – for individual and class prayer services.
- Playground – this provides children with a secure and supervised play area.
Newman University Church, Our Lady Seat of Wisdom, St. Stephen’s Green is our parish church. The school is fortunate is having this beautiful and historic church for its various liturgies; including School Masses, First Holy Communion and Confirmation.
At Loreto College Junior School we pride ourselves in providing our students with access to the best all round education in the most modern of facilities from the age of four.